I have developed and scanned quite a number of rolls over the last month and have realised a number of things while shooting and reviewing the work.
1. The 40mm focal length of the canonet gets alot of the foreground. Much more care needs to be considered when shooting as the foreground can dominate much of the frame.
2. 35mm focal length will be much harder to use.
3. I would like a separate light meter as my camera lies to me and tells me it cannot expose the scene when it can when I shoot manual by accident. It would be nice to know exposure intuitively.
4. I crop too much during post. I dont like that. Which goes back to number 1.
5. Maybe I am better suited to shoot with a 50mm.
6. I like colour.
7. I think too much when I shoot. The camera is not yet an extension of my eye. Moments appear then disappear. By the time I realise there was something there, its too late.
8. I wish I could direct people.
9. I hope to get use to rejection when I do ask for permission.
10. I dont know my creative process.
11. Frustration is part of it all.
12. I want to shoot more and more.
13. I suck at self editing.
14. I want a Rollei 35 SE
15. I want a leica